If you are a rising 8th-grader and are interested in running for Student Council President for the 2017-2018 school year, this is the blog post for you! The directions, documents, and videos that follow will provide you with the essential information you will need during the process of running for Student Council President. Questions? Come see Ms. Aitken, Mrs. Morris, or Ms. Mack.
- Thurs 5/4 – All students interested in running for SC meet in Mrs. Morris’s room during lunch for an informational session (bring non-microwavable lunch) – THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS INTERESTED
- Wed. 5/17 3:30 pm – All paperwork and your VoiceThread must be completed and turned in to Ms. Aitken (room 413), Mrs. Morris (room 411), or Ms. Mack (room 209).
- Fri 5/19-Wed 5/24 – Campaigning (limit 10 posters) – see packet for more information about posters.
- Mon 5/22-Wed 5/24 – Students meet in TAYLOR HALL to practice during lunch to practice speeches.
- Wed. 5/24 at 2:40 pm – SPECIAL SCHEDULE – Entire middle school will watch Presidential speeches during an assembly and vote immediately after in advisories before leaving for the school day.
- Wed. evening 5/24 – The results of the election will be emailed to the candidates.
- Thursday 5/25 – Election results will be announced during morning announcements.
- Fri. 5/26 by 12:30 pm – All posters must all be removed.
The red link below will get you to a digital copy of the Presidential Election Packet. Extra printed copies can be picked up from the classrooms of Ms. Aitken (room 413), Mrs. Morris (room 411), and Ms. Mack (room 209). Be sure to READ THE ENTIRE PACKET!
- THE RED TEXT BELOW IS A LINK TO A PDF OF THE ELECTION PACKET.
- Spring Presidential Election Packet 2017
The VoiceThread for the Presidential Election can be found below. This is where you will record your comment about why you would make a good President for Student Council.
- Press and HOLD the VoiceThread below and select “Open in VoiceThread” to hear Mr. Schafer’s Directions and to add your video comment for your speech.
- You will need to record a video comment (up to 90 seconds long).
- If you are proposing any changes or making any promises for next year, you must get the approval of your idea from Ms. Aitken or Mrs. Morris before submitting your recording.
- There should not be any props, music, extra people, or special effects in your VoiceThread (or in your speech in Taylor Hall).
If you are having trouble signing into the VoiceThread app, please watch this troubleshooting video below to learn how to log in and how to change settings in VoiceThread. Still having trouble AND have watched the video below? Please see Mr. Schafer (he’s the best!).