- Appropriate attire will include dresses, skirts and dressy tops, dressy pant-outfits, nice khakis/slacks/dress shorts, button-down shirts (sports coat and tie optional).
- Students do NOT have to dress in a Candyland theme or wear any specific colors.
- Please remember that all school dress code rules apply (jeans are prohibited at this dance).
Calling all 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students who are planning on attending the dance!
Do you have a song you’d really like to hear? Complete the google form below with early song requests. Please keep the following in mind when requesting songs:
Spring is here! That means it is time for the SPRING FOOD TRUCK RODEO! Bring your appetite with you on Thursday, April 26th! There will be many trucks to chose from during our hour and eighteen-minute lunch. To get the most out of the event, check out the menus for the food trucks (<– that’s a link) before the trucks get here and plan where you will eat!
After you’ve purchased your lunch considering donating your spare change to benefit Sole Hope!
Sole Hope is an organization that provides medical support, education, and shoes to help the Ugandan people prevent and treat jiggers. Jiggers are a foot parasite that plagues children and the elderly. The jiggers can cause painful infections that prevent children from running, playing, and attending school. Sole Hope has a clinic that goes to rural parts of Uganda to provide education and medical relief to those affected. Sole Hope also provides shoes to the affected children to help prevent the jiggers from returning. The shoes are made by Ugandan craftsman from recycled denim scraps from blue jeans and the rubber from recycled car tires. Questions? Contact Ms. Punk. (email@example.com)
7th and 8th graders –
Lace up your dancing shoes and be ready for our next school dance, Winter Luau, coming up on Friday, Jan 26th from 7:30-10pm in Taylor Hall.
The attire can include; dresses, skirts, slacks, khakis, dressy tops or button-down shirts. Please no jeans and remember the dress code still applies. If you want, you can dress in a tropical theme, but it is absolutely not required.
Want to request any SCHOOL APPROPRIATE songs for the dance? Fill out the google form below to share your ideas by Friday, Jan 19th at 3:00pm. You will still be able to request songs at the dance too.
Here are the details for the dance:
Remember, during the recess this week (Jan 8-12) you can purchase tickets to play in the Student vs. Faculty Basketball Game game at either the fifth-grade pod, sixth-grade picnic tables or the seventh/ eighth-grade courtyard. If you would like to purchase tickets after school, drop by the student Council Store through Jan 18th! The tickets are 25 cents each and you can purchase as many as you would like! Remember, the more tickets you purchase, the higher chance you have at playing in the game!
The Student Council and Parent Council are sponsoring the 7th Annual Durham Academy Spirit Week T-shirt contest. Please consider submitting a design to celebrate DA Middle School spirit. Your design may be chosen to decorate the t-shirts given to all Middle School students during Spirit Week. Here are some details about the contest.
- Your submission must include the Durham Academy name or Logo and the year 2018 somewhere in the design.
- You may choose to include a front pocket design, a back design, or both.
- Your design may be created by hand or on a computer.
- Hand drawn submissions must be drawn in a black fine-point Sharpie. No colors or ultra-fine lines in the original submission.
- Computer generated submissions must be black & white, original designs, and may not include images from the internet. Please obey copyright rules.
- You may attach a second draft with a suggested color scheme (not required). The front pocket is limited to 1 color and the back can have up to two colors. Please understand that we may need to change the colors at the printers.
Design submissions are due on Monday 12/4 at 8:00 AM to Ms. Morris (411), Ms. Aitken (413), or Ms. Mack (213).
Click the RED LINK below for a COPY OF THE T-SHIRT DESIGN PACKET!
What did the turkey say to the computer?
Google, Google, Google!
It is already time for our first food sale of your 2017-2018 year! PDQ will be serving a $7 meal on Monday, November 20! (This will be two days before your Thanksgiving break!) Your choices will include an entree of either chicken tenders, a vegetarian salad, a Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich (turkey with cranberry sauce), or a salad with chicken. You will also get to choose your side of either potato chips or apples and toffee dip. Your drink choices will include either Yoo-hoo chocolate milk, fruit punch, or bottled water. Your meal automatically comes with a chocolate chunk cookie! Your advisory PDQ order form will be due Thursday, November 9, so make sure to make your selections soon!